Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Welcome, Mrs. Hartley's 5th Graders!

Good morning to my wonderful 5th graders!  I hope you all had a great summer and are ready to get back in the swing of school.  Please watch the video real quick, so I can say hello in person! :)

 

I've gotten to visit many cool places the past two weeks.  Right below are some of the places I was able to visit while in Washington, D.C.

On our first full day in DC, we visited both the Lincoln and Washington Memorials.  Look at how tall the Lincoln Memorial is compared to me!

Below is a picture of the Capitol building in DC.  This is where both the House of Representatives and the Senate meet.
 This was as close as we could get to the White House.  Pretty, isn't it?

If you want to see more pictures from DC, click on the Washington, D.C. pictures link on the right hand side of the Blog.  You can also talk to me if you'd like (click on "No Comments" below then write me a line or any questions you have for me).  
I can't wait to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Mrs. Hartley, we are having an awesome first day of 5th grade!!! There was a bit of confusion in the beginning, but all is well now.

    I am going to leave some comments from your students:

    Sherry wishes that she could have eaten with you at Del Frisco Grill with you - most of us are extremely jealous!

    The class has decided that you really should bring us (and yes, I said US) gifts back :-)

    Rose wishes that she could come to see the Statue of Liberty with you.

    Jordan said to tell you that he won the Hunger Games :-)

    Jared has a question - How many stairs does the Statue of Liberty have?

    Several of the students have questions regarding the potty pictures and where it actually does go - we couldnt see well enough to see the rest of the words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, Tara, for working through this with my kids! I've posted a new response about my time in NY and another one where I answer some of their questions. If you could let them view the blog again on Friday I would greatly appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Home again, home again, safe, safe, safe!!!

    ReplyDelete