Saturday, August 10, 2013

Brain Overload

As our fellowship comes to an end, I have started trying to put into perspective all that we've experienced and learned over the past 13 days.  The overwhelming amount of knowledge we have gained during both our own self-guided experiences and the writing institute has my head spinning.  There have been multiple nights I haven't slept well because my brain just won't stop.  There is so much I need to do:  organize all the valuable information I've collected at the writing institute, set up meetings with my team and staff, begin planning lessons using our new primary sources, download and set up Evernote on the phone and iPad (the absolute best way to keep track of reading and writing conferences), and most importantly, prepare to meet my wonderful students on Monday.

I'd like to thank Fund for Teachers and PEF again for given us this invaluable opportunity.  I know the many "small moments" (writing verbiage) I have collected have made me a better, more knowledgeable person, and will definitely make me a stronger teacher.  Thanks to all that have followed us throughout our trip by reading our words.  The "I hate you" messages can stop now (Daniel Middlebrooks), since real life begins again Monday.  A big thank you goes out to Leigh for being my navigator, random fact holder, and support during this trip.  Thank goodness she MADE me finish revising the grant with her!  Finally, I'd like to thank my husband who had to survive without me for almost two weeks (although at times I'm sure he really enjoyed it).  He has shown tremendous support and patience while I've run around the US looking for better ways to teach.  What he may not realize is that none of this would be possible without him.

So, on that note, I am going to close my computer and start to pack.  I pray that my suitcase will still be under 50 lbs AFTER all the resources (and goodies) I've collected.  Thank goodness I had to bring along that extra bag at the beginning of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment